Thursday, April 7, 2011

Not all who wander are lost

I often find myself wandering about the people that wander. When I see homeless people or beggars, often known as the wanderers, I always think how did they land up the way they did, what went wrong in their life to get them where they are because I am sure that no one would voluntarily choose that kind of life for themselves. I’m sure God didn’t put them on this earth to be homeless, hungry and poor.

All the homeless people do all day is walk around with no place to call home; they are almost like the lost people of this world. It is hard to imagine that we all started off our lives equal, as little babies that could have become and had the potential to be anything we wanted. But as we grow older our situations change and what we see and who we interact with, I believe, is who we become. So maybe the homeless people of our world just hang out with the wrong crowd, maybe they just couldn’t catch a lucky break or maybe they didn’t even try to be anything in life. I am not sure what the answer might be but I do know that not all homeless people are lost.

So the next time you see a homeless person just spare a thought of how they might have gotten there and what their life must be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment