Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chocolate Goodness

I have always loved baking and I love chocolate so the next recipe I have on my agenda is to make proper chocolaty chocolate brownies. I have had some amazing chocolate brownies in my time so now I guess it is my turn to give it a try. So below is the recipe I plan to use...wish me luck!

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place the rack in the centre of the oven. Butter (or spray with a non-stick cooking spray) a 20 cm square pan, and line the bottom of the pan with parchment or wax paper.

Melt the chocolate and butter in a large stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and sugar. Next, whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Finally, stir in the flour, salt and chocolate chips (if using).

Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with a little batter and a few moist clumps clinging to it. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled. These freeze very well.

Makes 16 brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment