Thursday, May 12, 2011

Overseas Talk

So with my final year of studying coming to an end, it will soon be time for me to make some very tough maybe even life changing decisions. I have always said from the beginning of time, well almost, that after I was done with my studies that I would travel overseas, to Europe and America, and see all the places I have dreamed of for many years.

Well now, having almost arrived at the end of my studies, it is time to make my choice. My ideal plan would be to go on a month holiday to all the great places I love but this won’t really be option as it is way too expensive and simply not possible. So that doesn’t mean my dreams of going overseas are dead, it just means taking a different approach. This approach would be to go work overseas for a period time, meaning I could earn money and see the world. Many of my friends have, are or will be doing this in the next few months. It sounds so exciting almost too good to be true.

The one thing that puts me off is leaving behind all what is familiar and comfortable for what is new and maybe even scary. They say you haven’t lived until you have travelled and seen the world, I can believe this as I can’t see myself settling into an eight to five job until I have seen what I want and my sense for adventure has been fulfilled, even just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment