Monday, March 7, 2011

View from the Top

I have always loved the fact that I live in Cape Town but how many of us have actually seen all the beauty and amazing sights that Cape Town has to offer? Yesterday I got to feel like a tourist in my own city and it felt good! I spent the day doing things that a tourist from Europe would do and I loved it. That’s the beauty of Cape Town you get to see and do things that are only a few kilometres from where you live. The mountain, the sea, the people, the vibe - it is just amazing!

I had one of the most perfect Sundays I’ve had in a long time, usually Sundays are spent mourning the weekend that just past but not this particular Sunday. Instead I decided to embracfe the beautiful weather and revisit Cape Town. We started off with a picnic on Camps Bay beach followed by Sinful ice cream, if you haven’t had it before you should go get some. And then to top off the day we ended it on top of the world, or that’s what it felt like at least, on Signal Hill. Wow, it is beautiful up there, we were just in time to see the sunset and it looked breathtaking. We weren’t the only ones enjoying the amazing view though, there were lots of other people Capetonians and tourists taking in the beauty below.

On the drive down we stopped along the road to see the other side of the city and with all the lights and tall buildings it looked magical. While looking upon this beautiful view I wondered, if people could see how amazing Cape Town looked would there still be so much hatred and crime? It is hard to believe that people can be so cruel to each other when we live in such an awesome city that makes even the people that live in it feel like tourists.

3 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same. Absolutely LOVE Cape Town, wouldn't wanna live anywhere else in the world! we are very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% agree with you! I've lived in Cape Town for almost four years, and when I landed in that plane, I knew I was home! There is not a SINGLE day that goes by that I don't appreciate Cape Town. In the mornings, I drive to uni, looking at the mountain, I walk out of class, and see the mountain and oceans. I LOVE Capetonians as well! They just make life a little bit better and more exciting with their witty personalities! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remind me to tell you about the "secret" quarey in vredehoek!!

    ReplyDelete